[OT] Great Bug Support

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 00:00:17 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 7:40 AM, Kay C Lan <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> As an update, I finished the screen sharing session with Rich at 9:20pm his
> time. By his lunchtime the next day he'd forwarded me a link to a
> pre-release version of BBEdit that solved the
> "SheetDidEndEventHandler(OpaqueEventHandlerCallRef)" problem

As a further update, it's curious how impressions are formed. I always had
the feeling that Bare Bones was a Small to Medium sized Enterprise, I don't
know, maybe 20 odd employees.

I followed this link from MacTech yesterday:

http://www.mactech.com/news/?p=1011817

Which stated:

“WeatherCal is very different from BBEdit and Yojimbo, the class
> leaders for which we’re known, but it’s every bit as useful and
> finely crafted,” says Rich Siegel, founder and CEO of Bare Bones
> Software, Inc.

Hold on I thought, wasn't Rich the name of the support guy, working late
hours, on the bug I reported. A quick check of the emails and sure enough it
was Rich Siegel, not that he had CEO in his signature. I guess Bare Bones is
much much smaller than I thought and Rich wears many hats.