suddenly not working -- Rev cgi plus mysql on webhost (DreamHost)

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 00:43:24 EDT 2009

Things still ain't working like they used to, but,
following up on some of the advise here, some
other possibly useful clues have come up.

BTW, perhaps I wasn't clear on this. It's not that
my Rev-cgi setup no longer works.  All my Rev-cgi
scripts still work. What is not working well since
the move to a new server is the "revOpenDatabase"
command.

First, I followed the advise of re-uploading the
engine and database driver (there could've been
some corruption of these during the server move,
I'm told). But, no change. My rev-cgi scripts still
continue to work, except for the mysql connection.

That means that neither the engine nor the database
is the issue, right?

One of the other suggestions here was to check the error
logs on the web-server for my html web-account.

Found these two records repeatedly, each time
immediately after running "revOpenDatabase":

  # [error] Could not open libgdk-x11-2.0.so: libgobject-2.0.so:
  # [error] Failed to load dbmysql.so error dbmysql.so: cannot

This means that the server setup is missing libraries
that Rev requires, right? And, because those libraries
are missing, Rev can't in turn run the database driver
"dbmysql.so", right?

One other clue. In the Rev development environment,
when my stack tries to connect to get a mysql
connection id number, this is the returned error:

   # Error: Cannot open connection to database revdberr,
      invalid database type

Can I take this to mean that, at the very least, the Rev
database driver (dbmysql.so) I have in my cgi-bin
folder is working correctly?

Thank you.

--
Nicolas Cueto