Hypercard data

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Mar 22 17:47:02 EDT 2009

Hi Owens,

Are you new to this mail list? If so, welcome...

Revolution's Find & Replace window is very different from HyperCard's
find function. Fortunately, you can still use the find command in
Revolution. There are at least two ways to do this.

You can open the message box and type

   find string "Crazy Rhythm"

and press return. This should find you the string on the current card,
just like in HyperCard. If you type return again, it will find the

It might be a good idea to make a button with the same command. The
script of the button would be something like this:

on mouseUp
   ask "Search for..."
   if it is not empty then find string it
end mouseUp

of course, you can improve this script to have it remember the
previous search string et cetera.

When you convert your HyperCard stack, keep in mind that menus work
differently and externals are not converted. If your scripts use the
domenu command and externals, you will probably have to fix a few
compile errors.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille