Linux can't disable menuItems?

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Sat Mar 21 15:14:47 EDT 2009

Would someone who is familiar with Linux do a test for me?

I have a program built on a Mac for Linux and I get an error in Linux
when I try to disable a menuItem. The error is Type: Chunk: no such
object. The syntax looks correct and works on Mac and Windows builds.

I then created a new stack in the IDE on Linux (Ubuntu 8.10) with
menus and issued both the command in the message box (disable menuItem
1 of menu "Help") and in the script of a button. No error was
generated but the menuItem was not disabled.

If someone could either confirm this or tell me what I'm doing wrong I
would appreciate it.

Bill Vlahos