illegal creativity

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 21 10:16:53 EDT 2009

It would be very helpful, Randall, if you could define "downstream clause".

Are these 'downstream clauses'? :

1. That I, as an owner of an instance of Runtime Revolution am not
   allowed to use it to produce something that will compete directly
   with Runtime Revolution.  [something that seems perfectly normal]

2. That having once used, say, Runtime Revolution, I couldn't use,
   say, SuperCard to produce a standalone that could do the same thing
   that I could have produced with Runtime Revolution. [seems bizarre]

And, if both of these are 'downstream clauses' where is the barrier
between a company protecting its own interests and "coming the heavy
father"?

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.