silly text editing question

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Fri Mar 20 16:53:23 EDT 2009

I sent this earlier in the week:

This is a Kluge, but works. I had a field "field1" with some text selected in
it, and a button with this in it

on mouseUp
put word 2 of the selectedline into lineNum
   put word 4 of the selectedChunk into lastChar
   put the number of chars of line 1 to (linenum - 1) of fld "field1" + 1
into preceding
   answer the number of words in char preceding to lastChar of fld "field1"
end mouseUp

It returns the number of the word in the selected line.

Craig Newman