Selection Embarrassment

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Mar 20 12:02:54 EDT 2009

DunbarX at aol.com wrote:
> Many replies that this is working sensibly. I'll work around it, but I really
> want to understand it.
>
> If I send "select word 2 of line 3 of fld "myField" to a stack, how does that
> relate to "because it is running in the message box"?

Because, unlike HC's engine-based message palette, everything in the Rev
IDE is a stack, including the message box. When you change stacks, you
are changing the focus, and any text selection somewhere else is removed.

If your field can be changed to a list field, then setting the
hilitedline of the list field is permanent, since that does not involve
a temporary selection.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com