Player and Midifile

Beat Cornaz B.Cornaz at gmx.net
Wed Mar 18 12:04:38 EDT 2009

As I have been unable up till now to figure out a way to do realtime
midi, I have looked into the QT player again.

When I load a standard midi file into the player, the player does play
but gives no sound. The player does have a track and it is enabled.
Studying Kurt's MidiPlayer, I see that Kurt does specify the
midichannel(s) (midiChannelNoteOn and midiChannelNoteOff) and the
instrument(s) used.

Is it possible, as in a standard sequencer, to have the Instruments
assigned globally. What I mean is, when I have a sequence
in Logic, I can drag it to another track (another instrument) and it
will play the new sound. The track determines the instrument sound,
as well as the track does determine the midi channel. So what I am
after is creating a midifile with several tracks. Once loaded into the
player, I want to be able
to change the instrument for a track (e.g. track 2 becomes a violin)
without recalculating the midifile.

Hi René : did you manage to play a midifile in a player yet?

Greetings, Beat