return [with <value>]

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Mar 13 20:36:02 EDT 2009

On Mar 13, 2009, at 6:44 PM, Phil Davis wrote:

> Can anyone enlighten the rest of us regarding this use of 'return'?:
>
>       return tRetResult with empty
>
> I pulled the above line from the 'revLibUrl' button script in the
> 'revLibrary' stack. The 'with' option isn't explained in the docs
> under 'return'.

It only works with those libURL calls. Standard commands don't get
access to that syntax. I am pretty sure that is how the libURL calls
populate both 'the result' and 'it'.

If setting both 'the result' and 'it' is of interest to you then take
a look at this lesson which demonstrates a method for accomplishing
this:

<http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution/buckets/tutorials/lessons/923-Write-A-Command-That-Sets-the-result-And-it-

Regards,

--