My BBC Master - - - getting Beeped-off.

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 11 13:17:51 EDT 2009

Scott Rossi wrote:
> Recently, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>>> If you don't have a Mac, you're kinda out of luck AFAIK because
>>> while there is a Windows version, I've never actually come across
>>> anyone who was able to make it work under Windows.
>> So maybe it's harder than we think to implement sound channels on
>> Windows after all.
>
> No "dis" intended Jacque, but I seriously doubt this.  From Adobe's Flash
> tech notes, published at the end of 2005:
>
> "Macromedia Flash Player 8 now supports 32 simultaneous sound channels,
> increased from the 8 sound channel limit previously in Flash Player 7."
>
> Better audio in Rev is long overdue.  If the Rev guys don't want to build it
> themselves, they could license from somebody else.

I stand corrected. So the question is probably more like: out of the
entire customer base, how many want sound channels? The code would have
to be written three times, since eash OS does it a little differently.

But I do agree that the sound people have been neglected. I think if
Kurt could get his MIDI stack to interpret HC-sytle notation it would be
a big hit. The support queue periodically gets questions about MIDI
support, and I usually point them to Kurt's work, but having notation
options in the stack would be a big plus. And I also agree that it would
probably be a very good RevSelect candidate.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com