Beeps and menus

dunbarx dunbarx at aol.com
Wed Mar 4 00:00:31 EST 2009

Thanks, Jackie.

I will check out this menuHistory thing.

Craig

From:   "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
Subject:    Re: Beeps and menus
Date:   March 3, 2009 10:29:04 PM EST
To: "How to use Revolution" <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
DunbarX at aol.com wrote:

> Can anyone tell me the ordinary way to invoke a menuItem, like "Card
> Inspector"? "doMenu" fails, as the docs also warn against.

Generally you set the button's menuHistory. That also sends a menupick
message when it fires, so if you don't want that, lock messages.
MenuHistory only works with buttons of style "menu" of course.

You're correct that all menus are buttons. The "menu" keyword is iffy in
my experience, I usually just call them buttons and treat them like
buttons. So if I want to change a menu item, I put the new terminology
into "line whatever of btn myBtn" instead of trying to "set the menuitem".

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com