[On-Rev] Photo Gallery problem

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 19:38:13 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Richard
Gaskin<ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
> Sarah Reichelt wrote:
>>
>> My test photos page <http://troz.on-rev.com/photos.irev> uses irev to
>> construct a grid of thumbnails...
>
> Are these thumbnails pre-generated, or are you making them on the fly from
> the Rev server engine?
>
> That is, does iRev have the same "no-GUI" limitation as the CGI engine, or
> can we do things like export rendered card images to image files?

I pre-generated them but I think it could be done on the server. We do
have access to the template objects so I guess that's one way to do
it. Another possibility is using ImageMagick but I am not yet familiar
enough with that to know how to do it. However you raise a good point
Richard. My goal is to develop as many tools as possible so make
changes to my web sites as easy and automatic as possible, so this
would be a good addition to those tools.

So as not to have to do it every time, I would imagine having a
routine that checked the large size images and looked for matching
thumbnails. If any were missing, it would generate them and save them
for next time.

Cheers,
Sarah