challenge to Kevin and Bill

David Bovill david at architex.tv
Wed Jun 24 16:01:43 EDT 2009

Bill, I'm "dying" to get an answer to the questions I've asked - I asked
them several times now, in all the right places I believe :) Answers to
these questions would really help with meetings next week. If you have any
quick answers - would be great:

   1. Will the XML built ins work in the plugin - assumption = "Yes!"
   2. Will the revBrowser built-ins work - so we can have embedded web pages
   inside the plugin - assumpiton = "No!"
   3. Will there be JavaScript API to allow the web page to interact with
   the plugin = ie as you can with the QuickTime plugin - assumption = "No!"
   4. Will it be possible somehow for the Plugin to interact with the DOM of
   the web page it is placed in - ie via JavaScript

For the last 2 questions you might want to refer to:

   - How you can use JavaScript to interact with Google Earth
plugin<http://code.google.com/apis/ajax/playground/?exp=earth#feature_balloons>
   - How to get Flash to interact with web page using external
interface<http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/external_interface.html>or
   here<http://www.practicalflash.com/tutorials/using-externalinterface-to-write-javascript-to-the-html-dom/>