OS X Dock menu

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Tue Jun 23 07:12:16 EDT 2009

> I was hoping to use the icon menu part and not the changing icon part.
> It seems that the menu has issues after it has been used a time or
> two and simply stops working. At first (as is my usual suspicion) I
> thought it must be my scripting, but after reading the list archives
> and seeing Sarah's words:
>
> Anyway, I hope my experience will save others from wasting their time
> - the dock icon works fine, but don't bother trying to make a menu :-(
> If Sarah wasn't getting it to work then my attempts stopped right
> there.
>
> Too bad, would be a great feature.

I sent the above a few days ago, I want to add to it so anyone
searching the archives will get a more complete story. The archives
are my friends - Archives is Good.

Sarah was kind enough to check her code and found this:

Checking through my scripts again, I found this at the very end of the
iconMenuPick handler:

    -- this is essential to make the normal menus work
    set the iconmenu to empty
end iconMenuPick

As she states, it does seem to be essential - in any event my icon
menu now works fine.

sims