Hide Screen Furniture

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 07:57:51 EDT 2009

We have  hide menuBar   and    hide taskBar

but we don't seem to be able to hide the Mac Dock
the GNU Panel(s), Cairo-Dock, Avant Window Manager,
or any other item of "screen furniture" that might be
better tucked away whilst our stack/apps are running.

RR stacks running under GNOME will cover the Panel(s),
but they are unable to make Cairo-Dock or AWN go away.

Anybody "out there" with any bright ideas in this respect.

Presumably (as screen furniture seems to multiply) we need
some generic HIDE rather than, say   hide AWN.