Compare files between on-rev and local versions

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 21:21:28 EDT 2009

> Not sure why the iRev button didn't work - seems a fairly straightforward
> script (but it's been a while since I used the mac, so I may be doing
> something platform dependent). If you get a chance to take a quick look at
> why this failed, I'd be grateful.

You had:
    put it into URL "allfilesinfo.irev"
and it needed to be:
    put it into URL "file:allfilesinfo.irev"

> The scripts are, I hope, fairly straightforward - even if not particularly
> well written.

I find them easy to follow and have just edited the display for my own needs.

> 1. You can tell absolutely NOTHING from comparing modification dates between
> two machines.

Agreed - especially when the 2 sets of files are stored on computers
in different time zones.

It all seems to be working fine for me. I copied everything over using
CyberDuck yesterday and your stack reported no differences. This
morning it is reporting differences in my hit counter data files as
expected.

As Stephen says, this sort of functionality will eventually become
part of the client, but at the moment, this is definitely useful.

Cheers,
Sarah