Rev Internet Lib reads wrong registry keys for proxy settings

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Jun 19 11:38:49 EDT 2009

Hello,

some time ago I opened a thread, where my http requests didn't got an
internet connection with different proxy errors and timeouts at some Win
customers of mine, especially a school.

After weeks of research the admin of the school found the problem. The rev
internet library reads the proxy informations out of the HKCU user keys and
not as most other programs from the HKLM machine keys. Because a school
keeps all of these datas of their group policy in the HKLM keys, my rev
program doesn't finds the internet. And I had to agree, that it doesn't
makes sense to define proxy informations per user and not per machine.

I have searched the QCC but didn't found anything comparable. Either used
the wrong search keys or there isn't a case yet.

Has anybody ever encountered a similar problem? Would you say this is a
logical bug in rev or am I wrong in my research conclusion?

Thanks for your thoughts

Tiemo