What a Drag?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 08:18:05 EDT 2009

I'm a bit slow on the uptake, and will continue to be
so until the good folk at Edinburgh press a copy of
RR 4 into my sweaty paws at the conference.

So I was "a bit disturbed" when I read a message from a
chap who was proposing to drag image files from outwith
RunRev and drop them into a field.

As far as I know one cannot drag files from "any-old-where"
(and any-old-linguist who disputes the existence of infixes
in English has got to have a hard think) onto a Runtime Revolution
stack . . . yet (cough, cough, hint, hint), but must use the
import menu items or code.

Funnily enough, I was mucking around with an old Mac LCIII the
other day and was drag-dropping images into Clarisworks 2; so
obviously that ability is "fairly primitive" . . .