Array keys oddity?

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Fri Jun 5 11:58:30 EDT 2009

Hi

I am not sure what your problem is, but i can assure you that
everything works fine (i tested your code verbatim, only replace 10
with 20). My guess is that you expect the keys to be in some order.
However the keys will never be ordered by default, and in a seemingly
random order which optimises the speed of access. Factors in this are:

the name of the array
the name of the keys
the length of each key, element and total array
the place the array is stored in memory

also see the documentation entry about "the keys". If you want to have
them in a specific order, you'd need to sort them.

björnke

--

official ChatRev page:
http://bjoernke.com/runrev/chatrev.php