Revlet save a txt file

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Tue Jul 28 13:47:06 EDT 2009

Le 28-juil.-09 à 19:39, Devin Asay a écrit :

> It won't work because of the security model the web is based on.
> Client processes cannot write to a web server. The only way to get
> around this is to FTP from the client, POST data to a server side
> script of some kind (CGI, PHP) or store the data in a server-side
> database such as MySQL.
>
> A revlet can write to the local file system (although it seems we're
> unsure of whether open file/write to file works), but only if the
> user gives permission.
>
> Hope I'm understanding the question.

Hi Devin

You're right

I've tried such a revlet

on mouseUp
    put empty into fld "resultat"
    put the long name of this stack into tmpPath
    delete word 1 of tmpPath
    delete char 1 of tmpPath
    delete last char of tmpPath
    set itemDel to "/"
    delete last item of tmpPath
    set itemdel to comma
    put tmpPath into fld "resultat"
end mouseUp

on my mac, the fld "resultat" contains the path
on a webserver, the fld "resultat" is empty

Greetings.

Yves COPPE
yvescoppe at skynet.be