a php relay to either rev cgi or onrev

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 01:59:40 EDT 2009

Years ago Pierre Sahores built an application server based on Rev.  He
used Apache/PHP as the front end, then used socket connections between
PHP and Rev so that a long-running Rev process could interact with
databases, and return the results via PHP to Apache.

There is a lot to recommend in his design.  He has a tutorial (in
french and english) here:
http://www2.sahores-conseil.com/insead/index_en.html

I can imagine you may not need the whole infrastructure he had in
mind, but getting the Apache/PHP/Rev stuff to work sounds like it
might be what you want, and from what I remember when I followed his
tutorial a couple of years ago, it was all straightforward.

Bernard