Creepy 2020

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Thu Jul 2 16:47:44 EDT 2009

> Randall Reetz wrote:
>
>> You have a choice.  Dont sign up for "special" sales gimmicks.

But sometimes the choice isn't explicit, or really a choice at all.  The
story I like to tell in my class is of how, when we were trying to have
our children, we needed to use fertility services.  As we needed to use an
egg donor (TMI, I know), we had to use twice the normal amount of hormone
drugs, a partial portion of the price for which was covered by our
insurance.

Now, it turns out that some of these same drugs are also given to
post-menopausal women, which didn't occur to me at the time, but I was
somewhat astounded to have become the recipient of emails from the AARP
and coupons for Depends...

Coincidence?  I think not.

Judy