Director-like multi-image "sprite" animation

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Wed Jan 28 15:01:43 EST 2009

"...the fastest animating method I found was opening up a separate empty
predefined "Player" stack window, and then rapidly copying the "Stage"
group
to the Player window, deleting it, copying the next one, etc...."

A number of years ago I was working with MIDI files, trying to provide
cross-platform methods that would work within a Rev application. I was
delighted to discover that, using QT, I could **create** a MIDI file,
load it into a QT player object, play the file, and delete the file
within less than 1/2 second (on a 867 gHz G4, at the time).  This was
used to provide quick aural feedback as to the pitch selected by the
user.  While one can't really compare playing MIDI files with
displaying animation, the efficiency of the method Ken describes above
doesn't surprise me.

Kurt