Knowing about the My Revolution folder

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Jan 28 12:54:40 EST 2009

Hi all,

Okay, I thought I understood this, but evidently I don't. How does the
Rev IDE know where your My Revolution <version> folder is? Does the
IDE just derive it from version and OS information? Or is there a
function somewhere that returns that information? It seems like Rev
should automatically know where that folder is.

Here's the practical question: If I have a standard library of
handlers and images and things that I want to be able to start using
from any stack, it seems like a good place to put it is in My
Revolution <version>/libraries. But my stack doesn't know about it
unless I figure out where the folder is first. Is that my only option
for finding thing in this folder?

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay