Call for comments: Rev as a Second Language

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Jan 27 16:44:40 EST 2009

On 27 Jan 2009, at 21:14, Chipp Walters wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Dave <dave at looktowindward.com> wrote:
>
>> if you were to buy a piece of equipment (say an Amplifier) for
>> £1000 and
>> then a few months later went back to the shop for 15 mins advice
>> on it and
>> they said it would cost £1000, would you shop there again?
>

> If I only had a nickel for every time I heard someone using
> hardware vs
> software as arguments. Software and hardware are completely different.
> Simplistic metaphors like these work only in simple minds.

Ok, make is a Freeview recorder box! This is more software then
hardware since its basically a PC. Or better still, use 100%
software, so to rephrase what I said:

If you were to buy £1000 of consultancy or software from a company
and then a few months later went back to the company for 15 mins
advice and they said it would cost £1000, would you go back to that
company?

All the Best
Dave