Urgent! - Registering a URL Handler for a RunRev Application

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Jan 27 13:24:13 EST 2009

Dave wrote:
>> (I use a third party control panel "More Internet" to control this
>> mapping; there are many others eg TinkerTool - for some reason Apple
>> no longer include a GUI for modifying this directly.  Evidently not
>> something users are supposed to worry their pretty little heads about...)
>
> I downloaded and installed "More Internet" but I'm not sure what you
> mean here. Do you mean I can use "More Internet" to register the handler
> app on *my* system instead of changing the PList file? If so, then this
> won't work on the user's machine since they won't know to register it.
> So, for the real application on a user's machine, I have to change the
> PList file. Is this correct or have I got it totally wrong!

No, you have it totally right!  This is a solution for your system only - the
point is that if you want to catch the request in the IDE, and then test the
standalone, and then switch back to catching in the IDE.... you get the idea.

But as you say, this doesn't do anything for any other user.  For that you
need the PList solution.

- Ben