Pull down buttons

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Jan 20 12:30:30 EST 2009

Hi,

A lot of people have pointed this out in the past. It's partly
because the way revolution has evolved and partly due to implementing
a cross-platform GUI that doesn't rely on terms from the underlying
OS. The keywords for these controls could have been better chosen
IMO, but they are here to stay by the looks of things.

As long as you know what the control does and how to use it who cares
that RunRev types is as a "button"?

The dictionary definition of the word "button" is:

• a knob on a piece of electrical or electronic equipment that is
pressed to operate it.

Interestingly the definition of the word "switch" is:

a device for making and breaking the connection in an electric
circuit : the guard hit a switch and the gate swung open.
• Computing a program variable that activates or deactivates a
certain function of a program.

Cheers
Dave