externals

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Mon Jan 19 20:24:17 EST 2009

I would really like to know how compileit wored.  My guess was that it did some form of xtalk to c sourse translation and then compiled it.  But maybe i am wrong... Maybe ti went out to some public smalltalk compiler.  Anyone know?  The kinds of system events - to messages thingsm i have been asking for would never come from anything like compile-it... But several times back in the day, i used it to speed up a repeditive process loop.  Orders of magnitude speed enhancement!  (and, yes, everyone take our vitamins!)  randall