Two Questions About My Search Field

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Tue Jan 13 13:50:52 EST 2009

I dug up a very old gadget in HC that handled the delete key explicitly.
There is a field "results" to display the dug up data. This is the field script
with the string to build and find...

on keydown var
   put word 2 of the selectedchunk into cursorloc --to restore cursor later
   global clientlist -- a database
   send "keydown" && quote & var & quote to hypercard -- to effect the
keystroke itself
   put empty into temp

   if chartonum(var) = 8 then   --HANDLES "DELETE"
   if length(line 1 of me) < 3 then exit to hypercard   -- ignore small
entries
     get fullfind(clientlist,value of me,"false","true") -- do differently in
Rev
     repeat with y = 1 to number(lines of it)
         put line item 2 of line y of it of clientlist & return after temp
     end repeat
     if temp = empty then put "Not found" into fld "results" -- another field
     else put temp into fld "results"
     select after char (cursorloc -2) of me --restore blinking cursor
     exit keydown
   end if

--HANDLES NORMAL ENTRIES
   if length(line 1 of me) < 3 then -- ignore small entries
     select after text of me
     exit to hypercard
   end if
   put line 1 of me into tofind
   get fullfind(clientlist,tofind,"false","true")
   repeat with y = 1 to number(lines of it)
       put line item 2 of line y of it of clientlist & return after temp
   end repeat
   if temp = "" then put "No such" && quote & tofind & quote into fld
"results"
   else
     set itemdelimiter to "¶"
     sort temp