revOpenDatabase on Linux - works in IDE, broken in standalone - how do I fix?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Jan 9 11:22:58 EST 2009

Accessing PostgreSQL database on Linux.  Works in IDE; using standalone,
throws error in revOpenDatabase. (219: Function: error in function handler).

Works in both 2.9 and 3.0 in IDE; fails in standalone built from either.

Looking at the Externals folder of the standalone, in both I get:

	revxml.so
	[database_drivers]
		dbmysql.so
		dbodbc.so
		dbpostgresql.so

Whereas looking at the actual Rev installation (ie "2.9.0-gm-1" or
"3.0.0-gm-3") the Externals folder looks like this:

	Externals.txt
	revdb.so
	revxml.so
	revzip.so
	[database_drivers]
		dbmysql.so
		dbodbc.so
		dbpostgresql.so

So I copied the extra .so files, and the Externals.txt file, over to the
standalone installation - that didn't fix it.

Please help!

TIA,

- Ben