SQLite & repeated fields

mfstuart mfstuart at cox.net
Wed Jan 7 23:08:22 EST 2009

Hi Sarah,
How familiar are you with the concept of Bill of Materials, Production
Orders, etc.?
Where a sellable (or shippable item) is made up of components, and the
components are assembled to gether with many other items - either purchased
or sub-assemblies.
This is the Bill of Materials - the structure of an item.

When a customer order is processed, the manufacturing dept produces the
Production Orders, which looks at the B.O.M. and produces the Manufacturing
B.O.M. - this is an expanded production order with all the customer orders
multiplied against the B.O.M., which the assembly plant knows how many to
make.

There are books on this on how to define the tables that hold the data, but
I'm sure you could find this info online. It's reasonably elementary.

If you need more help, let me know. :)

Regards,
Mark Stuart