[ANN] libJson

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 13:28:57 EST 2009

On 1/7/09 9:26 AM, "Mark Smith" <lists at futilism.com> wrote:

> My main motivation for it was as a way of serializing arrays, so that
> I can pass them easily between a client and rev cgis on a server. It
> seemed like it might be useful to do it in a a way that doesn't re-
> invent the wheel, and was abit 'lighter' than xml, so - json.
>
> Mark

I, too, am just finishing a Rev-JSON-Rev set of routines to take advantage
of a specialty web-javascript engine I found last year.  The JSON format is
much more compact that the XML equivalent, plus I added another 'linking'
dimension to the normal tree-logic.

Works very well but is definitely not a general solution or library.  After
this is up and running, I will be converting some of the javascript to Rev
CGI.  However, most of the javascript must remain since Rev does not run in
the browser on the client's machine.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas