Rev cgi & mySQL (again

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 19:11:01 EST 2009

It's interesting hearing you guys talk some about SQL. I've noticed too how
much better RunRev is at processing big blocks of text and how that works so
nicely with having a fully normalized SQL database in conjunction. I used to
notice some slow SQL processes in SQLite but now I'm doing almost exactly
the same thing in Valentina and am filling out windows with data elements in
less than a second with some fairly complex SQL. It makes for a very usable
program. You know how if anything takes less than a few seconds users think
that something has gone wrong with the program (unless you put in a progress
bar or something).