OT: when was ditto implemented in OS X?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 17:47:54 EST 2009

ditto existed in the very first commercially available OS X. What has
changed are the 'default' settings. Prior to 10.4 you had to specify the
option -rsrc, since 10.4 -rsrc is the default behaviour - which interesting
suggests that resource forks are becoming more common (of a problem), not
less???

The following became default behaviours in 10.5:
-extattr     preserve extended attributes (requires --rsrc).
-qtn         preserve quarantine information.
acl         preserve Access Control Lists (ACLs).

HTH