strange error in a repeat loop

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Mon Feb 23 09:27:38 EST 2009

Bonjour,
I am completely stuck with a silly error I keep getting in a simple
handler.
Here it is :
--------------------------------------
ON totaliser
     local
total5
,total6
,total7,total8,total9,totalPort,totalGéné,totalAnnul,cmdeDuMois,tLesVars
     ---------------------
-- EMPTY IN VARIABLES
     put
"total5,total6,total7,total8,total9,totalPort,totalGéné,totalAnnul"
into tLesVars
     REPEAT FOR each item meti in tLesVars
         put empty into meti
     END repeat
     put fld "chRécapDuMois" into cmdeDuMois -- field "chRécapDuMois"
is a list with items separated by tab

     -- SUM OF  COLUMNS
     set the itemdel to tab
     REPEAT FOR each line enil in cmdeDuMois
         add item 5 of enil to total5
         add item 6 of enil to total6
         add item 7 of enil to total7
         add item 8 of enil to total8
         add item 9 of enil to total9 --  THE ERROR IS POINTED OUT HERE
         add item 10 of enil to totalPort
         add item 11 of enil to totalGéné
         add item 12 of enil to totalAnnul
     END repeat
     put total5 & tab & total6 & tab & total7 & tab & total8 & tab &
total9\
             & tab & totalPort & tab & totalGéné & tab & totalAnnul
into fld "chTotaux"
end totaliser
For an hour now (at least) I got an error :
Error 10:	add: error in source expression
Hint :	repeat: error in statement
Error at	char 1 of line 246 in handler totaliser
Code:	1
this error is pointed out at  line "add item 9 of enil to total9"
If I suppress (comment) this only line the handler works well (except
I don't get the total for column 9 !! ;-((

I wrote a lot of times such an handler ; first time I am stuck like
this ! I don't understand at all and have no idea.

Hoping some of you will see something (could be evident) I am missing ?

Thanks a lot in advance for any idea

Best regards from Grenoble
André