CGI database connection: now urlencode() problem

SparkOut SparkOutYNY at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 12:53:12 EST 2009

Bom dia Andre, obrigado.

I'm sure that urlEncode is actually working, as if I change
The pertinent section is here:

The main routine reads the template page into tPage, which contains
"{{categories}}" marker.
There is a query to retrieve the category list and that list is passed to
the function

function fnCategoriesDisplay pData
   local tLine, tCategories
   set the itemDelimiter to tab
   repeat for each line tLine in pData
     put "  & quote & urlEncode(tLine) &  " & tLine & " " & cr after
tCategories
     --looks like the html structure is being parsed by the Nabble screen.
Ho hum...
   end repeat
   return tCategories
   -- if instead, I return "Test Data here" then everything works.
   -- it's not that urlEncode hangs, it's when there's urlEncoded data that
is being
   -- output that is the problem.
end fnCategoriesDisplay

After being returned, the {{categories}} marker is replaced with
tCategories. Then I use:

cgiOutPut format (tPage),"text/html"

to output the page. If the categories are restricted to have nothing that
needs to be urlEncoded,
then these also output OK, but if there are any which do (almost all of them
have spaces in at least)
then the output through cgiOutput hangs.

HOWEVER, as I was typing this message it occurred to me that the "format"
statement might be the problem.
(Legacy of cutting and pasting sample scripts...)
I just tried removing that and used cgiOutput (tPage), "text/html" and it
seems to have worked straight off.

Sorry to be a nuisance, and obrigado muito again for your attention.