McAfee virus detection deletes valid file

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 12:14:24 EST 2009

Hiya,

You could include a manual 'how to' for this...

I think if you set the script to run at startup (via a Registry key
setting?) you might prevent it from being deleted: Not too sure about
this, but it's something I've heard about.
Will McAfee check the application's Trusted Sources? If so, maybe
getting this set will then tell McAfee to keeps its hand off.

Other than that, maybe checking to see if there are any command line
switches that could do it (after the usual 'please disable any anti-
virus software prior to running the installation') - Hey! Why not
just get them to disable it for the duration of the installation!

Cheers,

Luis.