ListMagic (was: RE: ListMagic calculated columns)

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Sat Feb 7 10:44:36 EST 2009

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your very astute observation. How many times have each of us
added a "nice to have" feature, only to discover, in retrospect, that it
implied a dozen other features and functionality to others that we never
intended. ;-)

You may let your hope spring eternal as far as ListMagic is concerned. Both
Eric an I believed in programs being "automatic." What this means is, if a
program can infer and do something, why force a user to do it? Computers
were supposed to save time, right? ;-) On the other hand, never hamstring a
user into your mindset.

My thinking behind my previous comments were that I could make public a
function that allows for the programmatic "editing" of an item in a list.
You will not have to use the function. It will just be available if you need
it, so that you don't have to repopulate an entire list.

Eric really did do a heck of a time-saver and mindless gadget with
ListMagic. I intend to carry the torch.

Jim