Subject: Drawing a curved shape - 2nd attempt

Randall Lee Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Mon Feb 2 19:31:10 EST 2009

Me too!

In the same way, I have invested a career using xtalk.  This is why I
so often weigh in on modernizing xtalk and bringing it into the now.
Look at the market share for Flex, Flash, Java, even Director... and
compare this to the xtalk market share.  Now, do you think this has
something to do with these other IDE's and languages paying attention
to the web centered world?  To the graphics and media rich world?
This is why I beg and beg for attention to the evolution of
computing... my hope that the wonder that is xTalk natural language
like programming will survive into the deep future and will have a
greater effect on a larger percentage of that future.  To do so it
would seem obvious to anyone that much more emphasis will have to be
devoted to making xtalk environments web-facing and web native and
that they have much more modern graphics and media tools and objects
and attributes and functions... no?  I already feel like I am either
walking with dinosaurs (or am one?).

Saying these things makes me no less loyal to xtalk than those who
somehow think honesty will kill xtalk.  Over here in America we have
a law against burning the flag.... but we know in our hearts that the
freedom to burn our own flag is actually what makes America so
strong.  We can make fun of ourselves (or at least we hope to again!).

Randall