Subject: Drawing a curved shape - 2nd attempt

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Mon Feb 2 08:26:25 EST 2009

I have never asked for a game server.  I dont build games... Have never even played one.  Secondly, yes i do keep hoping and praying and asking for features that would extend the original user-level programming ethos of allan kay and bill atkenson to the modern world we live in.  Sockets are to xtalk what a machine shop is to an erector set.
All of you should be agreeing with me, not fighting me.  These things i ask for are obvious ways for xtalk to do for today's computing world what smalltalk and hypertalk did for the mid 1980's.  Namely, to wrap deep functionality into a pedestrian common english syntax.  To un-socket sockets as it were.  I am writing deep pattern engine and symantic engine in xtalk, so dont dare say i am unwilling to go the coding distance.  I have written self optimized multithreading into xtalk.  I wrote a symantic indexing system into xtalk.  I have written a full resolution independent 3D engine in xtalk.  But what i find it dificult to do is write the same code everyone else is writing just to limp xtalk into the present.  That goes so counter to the original intent of xtalk.  How is the rev product threatened by deep thinking people wondering aloud what features would make xtalk that much more powerful and contemporary?