driven mad by the message box!

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 14 14:01:42 EST 2009

Yes, its Debian. at the moment its Squeeze.  Haven't tried on anything else
yet.  It turns out to happen only in the IDE, but it happens with
development tools turned off and just about everything changed one way or
the other that I could think of.  But it was a great relief to finally
discover that when the app is launched from a little launching stack in the
usual way, it doesn't happen.  As long as the app will run properly from the
launcher it doesn't matter so much.  What is weird is, it never happened
before, but I don't recall whether in other uses of shell() I ever tried it
from the IDE.

These things are sent to make us into a better person. Not completely sure
they are succeeding.