OT OS X HD Partitioning, multiple OSs

Neal Campbell nealk3nc at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 15:09:00 EST 2009

There is indeed an alternative to just bootcamp or VMs, for Intel macs (not
G4/5s) called rEFIt.

Unlike Windows, Intel macs use a boot architecture called EFI. You can
overwrite that with an open source product called rEFIt that boots into a
screen that is similar to holding down the option key when you boot up. It
will let you select Windows, OSX, Linux drives to boot (or try to boot)
from.

I have been using it on my Mac Pro for 3+ years with not a single hiccup but
your mileage might vary.

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com