Importing data into RevDB

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 15:08:24 EST 2009

David,

Prior to exporting from Excel, do a Repace All 'tabs' with "tttt" and
replace all line breaks with "lblblblb" (obviously you can use any number of
and combination of characters that you are confident will never appear in
the data). Then export it as tab delimited.

Every line of the resulting file will represent a row of data
Everything between tabs will be a column

Extremely easy to parse then with Rev, and just prior to sending the data to
it's final destination you reinsert the tabs and linefeeds.

HTH