OT OS X HD Partitioning, multiple OSs

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 11:39:05 EST 2009

Of course the cheap-jack end of the market (i.e. Richmond) does this:

Pentium III with OEM Windows XP = $100   runs headless via Microsoft
Remote Desktop Coonexion,

Pentium 4 with Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS & 2nd-hand VDU & keyboard = $100

6 year old G4 Mac = $52 on eBay at the moment & VDU ($10)

Can look at the Mac desktop from the Ubuntu box,

Interact directly between Mac and Windows.

Compared this with:

Cheapest Mac going: MacMini $599 (no keyboard, no mouse, no VDU)

Parallels 5:  $80  and / or VMWare 3:  $80

XP disk: $100 (Bulgarian price)

Of course an Intel Mac laptop is:

Portable,
Sexier,
and consumes less electricity.

But as I cannot afford one anyway, I'm a happy little camper
with what I have:

http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/richmond/EcoComp.html