Speeding a handler?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Tue Dec 1 12:15:43 EST 2009

Hello Ton,

This should be MUCH faster because the text is moved to a variable for
processing. It assumes all text in the field is either red or black.

on mouseUp
   put 1 into someFld -- I used fld 1 in my test

   -- get colored text from field
   put the htmlText of fld someFld into tText

   -- remove quote char from html (but leave " entity)
   replace quote with empty in tText

   -- remove all red color from text
   replace "<font color=#FF0000>" with empty in tText
   replace "</font>" with empty in tText

   -- set text line color to red if line contains a quote
   repeat for each line tLine in tText
      if """ is in tLine -- this line contains a quote
      then -- make the text red
         put "<font color=#FF0000>" after char 3 of tLine -- after "<p>"
         put "</font>" before char -4 of tLine -- before "</p>"
      end if
      put tLine & cr after tNewText
   end repeat
   delete last char of tNewText

   -- update the field with recolored text
   lock screen
   put the vScroll of fld someFld into x
   set the htmlText of fld someFld to tNewText
   set the vScroll of fld someFld to x
   unlock screen
end mouseUp

HTH -