Change font color of script editor?

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 11:03:38 EDT 2009

Mathias,

It's not possible in Rev.

Here's what I've done instead, but be advised that it's tricky and may
have unknow side-effects -- in my own case, two I've found are  the
flashing insertion point is not visible against a black background,
and the Help Document font colors will require tweaking.

In Preferences, set background color to black (actually, a dark grey
is better, if you want to see the flashing insertion point) and
check-on "Revolution UI Elements appear in lists of stacks".

Next, open the "Script Editor" (for any object). Open the "Application
Browser" to find listed "revNewScriptEditor" (not "revNewScriptEditor
1" etc); click its card 1 to show the stack.

Do a Search on the "revNewScriptEditor" stack for the first line of
this handler:

   "command seColorizationLoadScheme pScheme, @pPreferencesArray"

In that handler, look for 'case "default"', where you'll see lines like this:

   "group commands none 255,255,0"

The "none" refers to a font style (none, italic, bold -- but I'm not
sure if those are the exact terms), and the set of numbers is the RGB
color code.

Play around with those number sets till you find a combination you
like. And then save the stack.

Again, though, this type of modification is not the usual thing to do
with Rev. In fact, before making changes to the color codes, make a
backup copy of the scripts you change in case you want to revert to
things as they were.

--
Nicolas Cueto