Script to a php file

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Aug 13 10:41:34 EDT 2009

Hi George,

You can use PHP to gnerate the HTML code, including the embedding
code. The embedding code contains something like:

	<embed type="application/x-revolution"
		src="Name of your Stack File.revlet"
		width=320 height=320
		stack="Name of your Stack"
		requestedName=""
		instanceID=""
	></embed>

You can add a line, for example

		username="John Doe"

changing the embed tag into

	<embed type="application/x-revolution"
		src="Name of your Stack File.revlet"
		width=320 height=320
		stack="Name of your Stack"
		requestedName=""
		instanceID=""
		username="John Doe"
	></embed>

Now you can use the revletParams property of your stack to retrieve
the variable, in this case username, and put it into a field:

put the revletParams["username"] of this stack into fld "User Name"

The HTML of your website is generated by PHP and a script in your
stack reads the parameter that was embedded in the HTML code through
the revletParams property.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille