Using zip to package a folder with subfolders

George C Brackett gbrackett at luceatlux.com
Thu Aug 13 10:32:05 EDT 2009

Trevor, there seems to be a problem with your code.  The last handler
starts like

  command fileCreateAllFoldersInPath pPath, pRootPath, pPerms
      local theCheck,theError,thePathSegment

      ## Watch for double slashes /Folder/To//Something//
      ## You will not enter a never ending loop if you aren't careful.
      _stripDoubleSlash pPath
      _stripDoubleSlash pRootPath

and ends like

     ## VALIDATE ANCESTORY OF PATH
      if theError is empty then
         put char 1 to -2 of pRootPath into theCheck ## -2 gets rid of
trailing slash
         if char 1 to (number of chars of theCheck) of pPath is not
theCheck then
            put

Where's the rest of the (wonderfully helpful) code?  Or am I missing
something?

George

On Aug 12, 2009, at 10:44 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

On Aug 12, 2009, at 2:37 PM, Tereza Snyder wrote:

>> Do I need to use a shell command, or can a sequence of revzip
>> commands do the trick? What script commands are needed?

Okay, I actually forgot to include a number of handlers. I remember
why I neglected to post this before: it has lots of supporting handlers.

I've rounded up all of the supporting handlers and added a lesson to
Releasable Revolution. You can get all the code here (and it looks
nice and pretty):

<http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution/buckets/tutorials/lessons/5870-Zipping-Unzipping-a-Folder-Using-RevZip

--
Trevor DeVore