Why no ScreenUp Dates

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Aug 12 16:01:08 EDT 2009

Ben Rubinstein wrote:
> On 12/8/09 10:35, Mark Smith wrote:
>> Sivakatirswami , inserting a "wait 0 millisecs with messages" just
>> after "calcTime" might help.
>> Sometimes loops are fast enough to get in the way of rendering the
>> screen, and a 'wait' will give the engine enough time to update the
>> screen.
>

> My impression is also that in the last version or two something has
> changed so that the UI is updated less frequently - so that I have to
> explicitly add the above line, whereas previously I didn't need to.
>
> Does anyone else have this impression?  Does anyone know anything more
> precise about this - was there an announcement that I missed?
>
> Ben

Ok, this was interesting, the UI was not updating while working and
testing the stack in the IDE... then I made and uploaded the revlet,
clicked the button, the busy cursor did not appear,  (expected) but now
the calcTime function was updating the UI on each loop and the statement
"put the uIntro of fld "status" into fld "Status"   was being "honored."
i.e. the field updated in the revlet as expected.

skts