revlet and path

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Aug 6 14:23:21 EDT 2009

On Aug 6, 2009, at 11:12 AM, Yves COPPE wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> For example, let's say my revlet is at:
>>
>> http://devin.com/revlets/mystackpage.html
>>
>> It should be fairly simple to either derive the URL within the
>> revlet stack or to pass the URL as a parameter when launching the
>> revlet. (I haven't tried this myself yet, but I've seen others
>> describe here how to pass params.) Once your revlet stack has that
>> information, just have it do:
>>
>> set the itemdelimiter to "/"
>> put item 1 to -2 of tURLreceivedAsParam & "/resources/myprefs.txt"
>> into tPrefsURL
>> put URL tPrefsURL into tMyPrefs
>> -- now do whatever you want with the prefs.
>>

> Hi Devin,
>
> i don't understand
>
> what is "tURLreceivedAsParam" ????

Hi Yves,

That is just a hypothetical variable name that I made up for this
example. It assumes that you have been able to pass a parameter to the
revlet from the web page that calls it and you have put the parameter
data into that variable. The variable could have any name you wanted.
In the example I was proposing, you would pass the URL to the revlet,
then parse the stack name out of the URL, leaving only the path to the
revlet stack.

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay